2. Information That We Collect and Use
a. Information You Provide Us
While using our App, you will be required to provide us with your email address and password so that you can create an account. We may use your email address to respond to your requests or help us get the information or services you requested.
b. App Analytics
To help us provide you with an improved LifeEar experience we are interested in basic information about how you use the App. When sharing information with us on how you use the App features, we can learn about the capability of the App and how we can improve and enhance future updates and product releases. Our mission is to employ the user behavior insights to further develop the user experience of our future mobile applications.
We monitor App usage and analyze aggregate demographic and interest data of our visitors. While some mobile applications use these tools to serve advertisements, LifeEar only uses them to analyze data. LifeEar collects information by analyzing how the application features are used in general. This could be information about how extensively a feature is used and when the feature is typically activated.
LifeEar collects the following type of information:
- Application feature information. We may collect information about the services in use and how they are being used. In practice this could be information about features that are used, how often they are used and for how long time they are being used.
- Device type information. We may collect generic device-specific information such as the type of mobile device and mobile operating system.
- Technical log information. When you use the App we may automatically collect and store certain technical information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how the App is used.
- Internet protocol.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Location information. When the location-enabled service is in use, we may collect information that show the locations, down to the city level, where the application is being used. The App does not track any more specific user GPS location. Location information will not be collected if the location tracking setting is disabled on the mobile device’s settings. Note that the App will not function unless location tracking setting is enabled on the mobile device’s settings.
We do not associate any of the data we collect with you as an identifiable individual.
3. Children’s Privacy
We restrict the use of our services to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 18. If LifeEar becomes aware that such data has been inadvertently collected, we will delete such data and will terminate the account if the person is under 18.
4. Deletion of Your Personal Information
We use reasonable efforts to delete your information from our systems within a reasonable time after your request to do so. We may retain some or all of such information to the extent required by law or as we deem necessary to protect our rights.
5. How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your information to those employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available on the App, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. By using the App, you consent to the transfer of such information to such persons.
We may share aggregated information publicly and with companies, organizations or individuals outside of LifeEar or with our partners, which could be publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to display trends about the general use of our applications. Although aggregate information does not identify users personally, there is a risk that third parties who receive such data from us may use it to re-identify specific users. We require third parties with whom we share aggregate information to agree that they will not attempt to re-identify such information to any particular individual.
We will not otherwise sell or transfer your information to any company or organization without your permission. However, we may transfer your information to a successor entity upon a merger, sale, consolidation, or other corporate reorganization to which LifeEar is a party.
You can stop all collection of information by the App easily by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
6. Do Not Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
LifeEar does not track visitors to our App across third-party websites for the purpose of providing targeted advertising. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to Apps with which the browser communicates. Our App does not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
7. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of these entities for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us at the following address: LifeEar Corporation, 24151 Telegraph Rd., STE 140, Southfield, Michigan 48033. In your request, please specify that you want a “LifeEar Corporation California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
8. Security of Your Information
We are committed to protecting our users’ information. While we take reasonable data protection precautions, no security measures are completely effective, and we do not guarantee the security of user information at any time. We will not be liable for any breach of the security measures on the App or any loss, misuse, or alteration of information resulting therefrom or from communications through the Internet.
9. Contacting LifeEar
24151 Telegraph Rd.
Southfield, Michigan 48033